ZOOM's Revenge (シンデレラ•アナスタシア•ドリゼラ オール 怪獣大進撃) is a 1999 tokusatsu kaiju film produced by Toho Company Ltd., and the first installment in the ZOOM Anime series as well as the Showa series. The film was released to Japanese theaters on January 1, 1999.
Plot[edit | edit source]
the ZOOMers find Como, Pablo's Experiment and Pablo teaches him how to Zap.
The ZOOMers try to Chase Como as he runs Away.
The ZOOMers reach a Hotel Pool, where they find Muffy, followed by the other Arthur Characters. The ZOOMers Follow, but Buster is zapped. The Brain follows, as Arthur tells everything to Alisa and Jared.
Como is found by Muffy, Arthur, Francine, Binky and the ZOOMers at a Observatery. Muffy and Arthur need to find Como, but get zapped. Francine finds a New Planet. But according to David, it's a Satleiite.
Francine is zapped, and Binky is chased. But Como needs to be zapped by Zoe. Keiko Alisa and Lynese unzap the Arthur Characters.
The Arthur Characters go back to Normal. And Como gets zapped. Muffy wonders where Mr. Ratburn is, Mr. Ratburn is at the Spa.
Staff[edit | edit source]
Staff role on the left, staff member's name on the right.
- Directed by Ishiro Honda
- Written by Shinichi Sekizawa
- Produced by Tomoyuki Tanaka
- Music by Kunio Miyauchi, Lilly Sasaki, Gendai Kano
- Cinematography by Sokei Tomioka
- Edited by Masahisa Himi
- Production Design by Takeo Kita
- Assistant Directing by Seiji Tani
- Special Effects by Sokei Tomioka, Eiji Tsuburaya, Ishiro Honda, Teruyoshi Nakano
Cast[edit | edit source]
Actor's name on the left, character played on the right.
- Zoe Buchansky as Ichiro Miki
- Eisei Amamoto as Toy Consultant Shinpei Inami
- Kazuo Suzuki as Bank Robber Okuda
- Machiko Naka as Ichiro's Mother Tamie Miki
- Shigeki Ishida as Como
- Yutaka Nakayama as Billboard Painter
- Ikio Sawamura as Bartender
Appearances[edit | edit source]
ZOOMers[edit | edit source]
Vehicles[edit | edit source]
Soundtrack[edit | edit source]
Main article: ZOOM's Revenge (Soundtrack).[edit | edit source]
Alternate Titles[edit | edit source]
- No More Villans! (Literal Japanese Title)
- ZOOM's Revenge (United States)
- Come on and Villains (Original International Title)
- Como, Experiment 285 (Alternate American Title)
- The Island of the Characters (La isla de los Charactruos; Spain)
- The Return of Como (Il ritorno di Como; Italy)
Theatrical Releases[edit | edit source]
- Japan - December 20, 1999
- United States - December 8, 2001
- Italy - 1999
U.S. Release[edit | edit source]
Come on and Villans was released on December 8, 2001 by Maron Films as ZOOM's Revenge on a double bill with Island of the Burning Damned in North American theaters. There are some minor alterations:
- Dialogue is dubbed to English.
- The Japanese version featured the vocal song ZOOM (Main Titles) over the opening credits, while the American version features the instrumental Soundtrack piece "Fannee Doolee" composed by FHE (Family Home Entertainment)
- In the American version, Zoey is called "Zoe," and is given a goofy wicked voice, while She was voiced by a female actress in the Japanese version.
Box Office[edit | edit source]
In Japan, the film sold 1,480,000 tickets. This was over a million tickets less than the previous ZOOM Anime film, Destroy All Villains, and it was the first ZOOM Anime film to sell less than 2 million tickets.
Video Releases[edit | edit source]
- Released: May 6, 2006
- Region: Region 1
- Language: English (Dolby Digital 1.0), English (Dolby Digital 5.1)
- Format: Color, Full Screen, Letterboxed, Widescreen, NTSC
- Other Details: 2.35:1 aspect ratio, 70 minutes run time, 1 disc, American version
Classic Media (2007)
- Released: September 17, 2007
- Region: Region `
- Language: English
- Format: Closed-captioned, Color, Dolby, NTSC
- Other Details: 1.33:1 aspect ratio, 70 minutes run time, 1 disc, American version
- Released: 2008
- Region: Region 2
- Language: Japanese
- Released: 2009
- Region: Region 4
Classic Media (2010)
- Released: July 1, 2012
- Region: Region 1
- Language: Japanese, English
- Format: Multiple Formats, Anamorphic, Widescreen, NTSC, Color, Subtitled
- Other Details: 2.35:1 aspect ratio, 69 minutes run time, 1 disc, Japanese and American version
Reception[edit | edit source]
ZOOM's Revenge has gained very negative reviews from ZOOM fans, considering it the weakest of all the ZOOM Anime Films.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
This is a list of references for ZOOM's Revenge. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: